Protected under US Patent
# 8,220,347 B2
Vapor Pin™ Webinar
"Vapor Pin™: Improving Subslab Assessment on Six Continents"
Vapor Pin™ included in Michigan Vapor Intrusion Guidance
"My firm has completed several vapor surveys and found that the Vapor Pin™ is a significant improvement over prior devices used for subslab vapor sampling. It is easy to install and use and I have greater confidence in the samples obtained".
--Craig Stevens, Principal
Cox-Colvin & Associates, Inc. has developed the Vapor Pin™, a unique, patented, re-usable sub-slab soil-gas sampling device. Traditional sub-slab soil-gas sampling methods are time consuming, expensive, and prone to leaks. Cox-Colvin designed the Vapor Pin™ specifically to eliminate many of the problems associated with traditional sub-slab soil gas sampling methods. Advantages of the Vapor Pin™ over traditional methods include:
- unique patented design reduces the potential for leaks during sample collection, improving sample quality;
- built-in disposable seal eliminates the need for grout;
- connects easily to sampling equipment;
- easily installed, sampled, and retrieved for reuse;
- reduces damage to the slab;
- reduces sampling time allowing collection of more samples for less cost, and thus provides a better understanding of site conditions.
The patented design of the Vapor Pin™ provides environmental professionals a means of collecting high-quality, low-cost soil gas samples within minutes. Plus, the Vapor Pin™ is made in the USA.
As per the United States Patent and Trademark Office “Infringement of a patent consists of the unauthorized making, using, offering for sale, or selling any patented invention within the United States or U.S. Territories, or importing into the United States of any patented invention during the term of the patent. If a patent is infringed, the patentee may sue for relief in the appropriate federal court.”