Cox-Colvin & Associates currently has one position available. Also, we welcome applications from any outstanding professional in the environmental field that will allow us to better serve and further expand our industrial client base.
Administrative Assistant works under moderate supervision to perform office activities with clear objectives; shows a consistent ability to limit the firm’s (and its client’s) exposure to liabilities by following standard operating procedures; and exercising discretion and judgment. This position does not involve time in the field. Clerical personnel report directly to the Owners; Principal, Senior, and Project level staff; and the Office Manager.
Standards of Performance
- Assist in the preparation of company documents including letters, work plans, work orders, and reports;
- Maintain project and company files;
- Receives and screens telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors, answering routine questions and furnishing information to save time. Route incoming communication including phone calls, faxes, mail, laboratory correspondence, and deliveries;
- Keeping subcontractors files up-to-date, and
- Strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity with all forms of office equipment including copiers, fax machines, and telephone systems;
- Strong computer skills and Proficient use Microsoft products including word processing and spreadsheets. Must have the following skill set in Word: Table of Contents generation, Formatting, Use of Templates. Must have the following skill set in Excel: Format tables with lines and shading.
- Familiar with Burning CDs
- Proficient use of PDF software a must. Experience in building PDFs and bookmarking in PDF software. Familiarity with Nuance a plus, but other PDF software works as well.
- Develop critical document and clerical review techniques and embrace the continual improvement efforts of the firm.
- Resolve problems routine to the position (e.g., changes in field conditions, modifications to work plans, or changes in design parameters); and
- Develop problem-solving skills.
- Effectively communicate with outside vendors and the firm’s clients;
- Effectively communicate with other staff in the development of complete and accurate documents;
- Inform staff of calls they may have missed while out of the office or in meetings, etc;
- Deliver faxes and mail to other staff in a timely manner;
- Screen incoming calls for Owners and other staff;
- Develop writing and organization skills; and
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills.
- Engage clients on the phone and develop a sense of familiarity with them;
- Assist in business development activities; and
- Attempt to fulfill or assist client(s) requests prior to sending them to voice mail.
- High School Diploma
- Up to five years of relevant experience; and
- Valid Driver’s License.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Associates Degree from an accredited College or University or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas.
- May require frequent walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping.
- May require lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling of various items of varying weight.
- Position involves regular work days (8 am to 5 pm), and could include travel to out-of-town locations for business development activities; and,
- Position is considered non-exempt from overtime
Send resume via email
Send resume via mail to:
Cox-Colvin & Associates Employment Opportunities
7750 Corporate Blvd
Plain City, Ohio 43064